It takes a village write and earn a grant.

Fast forward to December, the grant application is (finally!) available! With Winter Break only hours away, I knew I would tackle that bad boy as soon as the Christmas festivities concluded. In a week, the rough copy was done. In writing the grant I had accomplished two goals: applying for EPCOT and writing my own book!

Right here, I need to give a shout out to my fabulous husband, Dave, for being my first editor. He meticulously poured over my novela, asking questions, posing revisions, making suggestions. Not only is he an amazing husband and father, but he could also have a post-teaching career as a copyright editor or literary agent.


Further shoutouts to my fabulous building administration for their support, suggestions, and edits as well. John and Shawna, your leadership continues to inspire teachers in our building to reach for the stars...or at least the 21st Century!
Fellow Wildcats

Five grueling days after the scheduled announcement of winners, my principal, in cahoots with my friend and colleague Jody, set up a ploy to get me and all of our fourth graders to the gym for a “recess talk”. Yes, I was suspicious. 😉

The cat was really out of the bag when my daughter, who was in third grade, arrived to the gym confused at the same time that our superintendent and the District 45 Foundation team arrived. My daughter being there meant a lot. Yes, there were tears. Who doesn’t want to make their children proud?



"Oh, and there's a meeting at 8:00 tomorrow...No, seriously, tomorrow, Central Office at 8:00."

Here we go!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Place to Think-Confer-Create-Share

Inhale love, exhale gratitude

Recreating the Space